Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A N D .......

... to top it all off, Dennis wants nothing to do with me, as well. He says it hurts too bad, he can't just be friends with me because he wants more. Which, reading between the lines, means his new girlfriend doesn't want him in contact with me. Which sucks, because I still lit up when the caller id said "Dennis Layman." Even though I was moving on, I still considered him a best friend, and hoped, deep inside, that he would conquer his demons and one day come and sweep me off my feet. And darn it, if my new Keith Urban cd doesn't have that song "Memories of Us" on it. I can't go an hour without hearing a song that makes me think about Dennis. I had thought I would at least always have him as a friend.

It seems about the only boys not rejecting me are my two kittens. The kids named them Zach and Cody. Cody keeps giving me hickies. Yep, you heard right. They are two months old, and apparently Cody misses his mom, around four or five in the am, and I will wake up to find him suckling on my earlobe, or my arm, or a few inches above my breast. I've tried throwing him to the floor, but he just comes back. At that hour, I've just finally given in and gone back to sleep, leaving him to leave little love bruises on me.

I mean, really... apart from having cat hickies, what is there about me that keeps making the boys run away? Why doesn't anyone want to date me?

Rejection sucks.

No comments: